Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

This sort-of stuns me...

I was expecting to hear at least a few more "no, I'm definitely coming back's" than this. Nearly every single junior on the Georgia football team is weighing their options and considering turning pro at the end of the season. Even Blair Walsh and Drew Butler. Says Walsh, "I think I've had a pretty good career.... Been there, done that." Ummm. How about an SEC championship? Have you done that? Even a division title? A BCS game?

Who else? Cordy Glenn, Ben Jones, Brandon Boykin, Justin Houston and AJ Green. Boykin has had a dismal year. Glenn and Jones are interior linemen that won't get picked high anyway.

If these guys are sort-of non-committal about sticking around and putting it together for a great run next year, then I can't imagine why AJ would have any desire to stick around. I'm sure that I am exaggerating all this a little, but it isn't exactly what you want to hear when you're already playing and preparing for the 2011 season.

No comments:

Post a Comment