Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

As if the whole scientology thing wasn't enough...

Tom Cruise has officially lost it


Dude likes to perform his own stunts, but this is a bit overboard.  I was recently in Chicago, and I went up to the top floor/observatory deck of the John Hancock Center.  It is only 100 stories at 1,271 feet tall.  It is the sixth tallest building in the United States and the fourth tallest in Chicago (you think Chicago is trying to compensate for something there?)  Anyway, this Dubai tower that Cruise is dangling from is 160 stories and a chilling 2,717 feet tall.  Though, apparently, Cruise's antics were relegated to the 124th floor, that is still amazing to me.  At the 94th floor of the Hancock Center, I could feel the building swaying underneath me and the height was terrifying, even behind the glass windows (and I'm usually not much of a "fear of heights" person).  I can't imagine what it would be like be dangling from 124 floors up on the tallest building in the world.  Crazy basterd.

1 comment:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgbdx4JjTE0&feature=related

    Reminded me of the bit Ben Stiller did with Tom Cruise several years ago for the MTV movie awards.

    ReplyDelete