Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

This clip has been shown at Get The Picture...

...and other blogs, but I figured I'd feature it here as well.  The punch thrown by Ealey here is (as a UGA colleague who saw the whole thing informed me) in retaliation to a shove thrown by Ealey.  No doubt there were some words exchanged between the two first.  But given what I've seen from Ealey starting with the G-Day Game and throughout the season, it surprises me none that he provoked this action from the UCF player.



This is another complaint of mine I meant to mention in the "Liberty Bowl" post below, but Ealey's antics all season had been aggravating me, and it reared its head again in the first few plays of this game. Ealey came up chippy and throwing shoves and talking s#!t in his first carries of the game. I'm sick of seeing this crap. It reminds me of Reggie Ball when he was at Georgia Tech. And he can't even back it up.

If we could somehow manage to sign Isaiah Crowell and/or Quan Bray, it would thrill me to see us part ways with Ealey, King and their on and off the field antics. They are a distraction and overrated. Ealey at least has some potential, but it appears his attitude may keep him from realizing it. I'd rather go with the one or two freshmen, plus Carlton Thomas and Ken Malcome for next season.

There was some talk of AJ Green getting into some "antics" during the bowl game as well, anyone have info on this?

3 comments:

  1. Why would anyone ever punch someone with a helmet on?

    I don't know enough about Ealey to comment, however, I generally agree with you on players antics, so I will believe you about Ealey being a scumbag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it was probably pretty ineffective and damaged the UCF guy more than Ealey.

    I don't claim to have superior knowledge on Ealey, it is just based on what I have seen from him during games. He threw a punch at his own teammate during the damned spring game. And I constantly saw him bowing up and shoving players on other teams at the end of routine game plays. He was constantly having to be removed from trash talking by his own teammates. The only time it ever came in handy was when he lashed out on Fairley, but - otherwise - it is just so aggravating to watch over and over.

    ReplyDelete